Friday, January 2, 2009

Shhhhhh It's a Secret!


Okay, not really a secret, but check this out!

My sweet sister-in-law Tish is helping me learn the ropes of coupon shopping, with her help I discovered a MAJOR savings. I just bought 6 cans of Enfamil Formula at $13.99 a can and only paid a total of $11.39, for ALL 6 cans. This is how I did it, and no I did not shoplift/steal any of them, LOL!

1- Go to the baby section and pick up 6 cans of formula.
2- Go to the check out.
3- Use 3 buy 1 get 1 free coupons that you get from Albertson's
*At this point I have already saved $41.55 (because the coupon is actually only worth $13.85)
4- Use the extra coupon from Albertson's for $3.00 off one can. (use this on one of the 3 remaining cans that you are paying for.)
*Now I am up to a total savings of $44.55
5-Use 1 Enfamil check for each can of formula including the free ones. (I used a total of 6 checks, 4 for $5 and 2 for $4 because that is what I had.)
So, add on another $28.00 of savings for a total of $72.55!!!

6 cans at $13.99 a can is $83.94 minus all the coupons and checks ($72.55) and I only ended up paying $11.39 plus all the tax on the original total. CRAZY deal! Woot!

Since I know that I won't end up nursing for a whole year and that I will eventually use this formula I am hoping that I can stock up enough of this stuff that I will never have to pay full price for a single can of this stuff!!

So, if any of you have Enfamil checks that you aren't going to use, pass them this direction!

9 comments:

Notme said...

Seriously!!! That is why we do Costco formula because we can't afford the good stuff. But MAN that is good savings!

Brossettelewis said...

pinchingyourpennies.com is great for that kind of stuff. My sister (Kelly on my blog) is a self proclaimed Queen of Deals, we even report our deals that we think are worthy of her. Way to go on the formula...I'll tell her to come check.

Hint: Twin (any multiples) moms get $10+ checks, ask them directly if they aren't using them.

Unknown said...

hey suzie~

i dont seem to have your email address anymore. : ( ummm... if your ff account is still up you can pm me with it there. if not just email me at tutorgirl4life@gmail.com

Chelsea said...

That is awesome! I saw an Oprah a while back where a woman was talking about coupons - she would buy hundreds of dollars worth of groceries and only spend a couple bucks. It's amazing what deals are out there if you know where to look.

Kim said...

I love a good deal...good for you!

Lyndsie said...

That is awesome!!!

Christie said...

Holy crap! Formula is expensive!

Omgirl said...

I wonder how long the formula lasts. Because that is a good enough deal that I would consider buying the formula now to keep for later (which would probably be in a year and a half) if they kept that long. Where do you get the coupons?

Anonymous said...

Very impressive!