Friday, January 9, 2009

Flashback Friday



So, I thought it would be fun to take a look back on things on Friday's, remember something funny, cute, special or just plain memorable. Anyone else want to join in?

Today as I was sitting here nursing my sweet little Addy and watching Jack make a HUGE mess, it made me think back to my days of TTC (trying to Conceive). Those days filled up the better part of my life for 3 years, I felt like I was a person with a one track mind - GET PREGNANT or die trying. The days upon days, weeks upon weeks and eventually years upon years of thinking daily about my female organs wears on a person. And now I sit here with 2 adorable "Little's" while the "Big's" are at school and think about how blesssed I truly am. Maybe this post should have been a "Thankful Thursday" post, because I am SO thankful for:

1- NO MORE CHARTING!! Here is just one sample of the 30+ charts I have. No more monitoring my temperature, cm (for those of you who don't know what this is, you don't want to know.) No more marking down all of bd'ing (again you don't want to know.) No more hormone therapy in the form of either pills or needles. No more Dr. appointments that feel like science experiments.


2- NO MORE TESTING!!! No more carrying around peed on sticks and asking my friends and family "Can you see the line???" No more breaking apart said tests and holding them up to the window for better lighting and praying that I can see a line, any line, anywhere on the dang thing. No more taking pictures of these tests and posting them for my online friends for them to examine and hopefully concur with me that "yes, there is the faintest of faint 2nd lines on there and yep you are preggo" Because we all know that online friends are like the "all knowing" when it comes to pregnancy tests and symptoms.
3- No more maternity clothes, no more big belly, no more baby kicking me in the bladder. NO MORE OB appointments! No more worrying about a baby being breech, no more obsessing about having to have a C-section.
But, look at what all this work did get me!!!!Is he really almost 20 months old now???

5 comments:

Jen said...

I am so with you! After years, and years of trying I am so thankful to just be pregnant, and have another baby. What a great post!

Omgirl said...

Oh man. That chart brings back so many memories! BAD ones! I'm so glad to be over TTC too. And I'm glad you got little Addy without all the nightmares it took to get Jack.

Brossettelewis said...

Those charts are of the devil. So are those people that sell bulk pee sticks. Glad you're done with all that. I went from one end to the other with that spectrum and more than I thought in between (surviving TTTS twins). Yay that those can be filed in "flashbacks".

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you are finally past that phase in your life...but I'm even happier for the end result of you having to endure all that junk. Boy time flies, though. I can't believe it's been that long!

Kristine said...

I actually liked charting! But what a great memory to get down in writing! What a sweetheart :)