Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We had dinner at my parents house, it was nice and quiet. My Parents, my brother Mike and his family and my little family were the only ones there. It was a nice change of pace for the holiday, we had yummy food and the conversation was great. It was nice not to have all the chaos of 16+ people there trying to figure out where everyone will sit and who were the unlucky ones that didn't get to sit at the main table. It was nice not having too many "hens" in the kitchen all trying to cook at the same time. It was also nice not having a million toddlers underfoot, Jack was plenty enough. During dinner we talked about what we were thankful for and some of the things mentioned were:
Antibiotics
Healthy Children
Indoor plumbing was mentioned a couple of times
4 wheelers
Jobs
Money
Gas prices
I do have to say that I have a little internal giggle going on when my Dad does his "welcome" speech, if you haven't ever heard one, you are missing out.

After dinner we went to Hal's sister's house for pie. It was so much fun hanging out, chatting and stuffing ourselves on the many different kinds of pie. The kids had fun playing Rock Band and Dance Dance Revolution. Jack had a blast chasing around Charlie (their dog), he was even trying to bark like him, it was sooooo funny! Addy had a good time being passed around and adored by everyone. She even had a nice blowout, YUCK! But luckily her cousin had a onesie we borrowed, since I didn't have the sense to pack an emergency outfit.

Note to self, NEVER weigh the day after Thanksgiving.



4 comments:

Omgirl said...

Talking about what you're thankful for at Thanksgiving dinner is a good idea. I think we were all so busy stuffing our faces at our dinner that we forgot. oops.

Christie said...

Great post. I agree with Arianne too that would make a great Thanksgiving dinner table topic. I'll have to remember for next year.

Koreena said...

Hate it when I forget to pack an emergency outfit. You're kids are getting so big! I seriously cannot believe how much Jack has grown.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you all had a great Thanksgiving. Rock Band rocks!