Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Kids -Part 2 of 4- Hallie


Hallie is our first daughter, 2nd child. She is 8 years old and is our resident drama queen. Not a moment goes by when she is in the house that we don't know that she is here.
Hallie is so beautiful, I get comments all the time about her and how I need to keep an eye on her because all the boys are going to be gawking at her sooner than I want them too (not that I want them to EVER be looking at her, LOL). She has a long lean body with muscle definition, she looks like a mini model walking around, it is actually starting to scare me! Her hair is so thick and she is finally starting to think that maybe it wouldn't be that bad of an idea to let someone make it look nice.
She is a funny little thing, she doesn't mind getting down and dirty, getting food all over her face and clothes or walking out of the door in horrible shoes. But then she also thinks that she wants to be prissy, buying earrings and playing dress-up or putting together "outfits", she also loves to get into makeup. She is a good mix of tom boy and girly-girl.
Hallie is such a social butterfly, she is always on the look out for a new friend and doesn't let a day pass by without playing with as many friends as she can find.
Oh my, my little girl is full of stories! I am lucky that she hasn't gotten me into trouble with some of her concoctions. Just today I got an email from the Enrichment Counselor in our ward, she told me that Hallie had been over asking when our next meeting was, ummm, I didn't even realize that Hallie knew I was on the committee, LOL! And I certainly didn't send her on an errand to go find out about a potential meeting. She does this kind of thing all of the time, I just have to laugh about it. Another neighbor recently let us borrow their Wii Fit and she told me that Hallie had been over every single day that we had it telling her that I was sending her over to see if we could still borrow it. Again, no request like that was given.
Hallie loves going to movies with Grandma Julia, having sleepovers with anyone (family) who will let her, but especially likes it when Aunt Heidi gives in and lets her come over. She doesn't like to sleep over at friend's houses, which is fine by me, she does enjoy "late overs" which are like sleepovers, but you come home at about 10:30pm our little gang of neighborhood girls really like doing these, I am just thankful that it isn't always at my house.
Hallie is so emotional, someone please lie to me and tell me that she won't always be this way. She is so explosive, which is hard to deal with, but also adds to the excitement of having her around. I would love to have one entire day where she doesn't freak out, HAHAHA like that is going to happen.

No comments: