Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hallie's 9th Birthday!

Hallie turned 9 years old yesterday! She had a super fabulous day!

When I woke up yesterday it was to a 9 year old girl standing next to my bed, she was beaming! I looked up at her and said "Happy Birthday Hallie!" She giggled and thanked me. She then looked over at her Dad and asked when he was going to get up and tell her happy birthday, I told her to wake him up. She walked over and poked him in the arm and said in a very bossy with attitude way "What do you have to say to me Dad???" To which Hal replied, while trying not to laugh, "Happy Birthday Hallie!"
Hallie insisted that she be picked up from school because this was her special day, so Hal went and picked her up while I finished a little last minute shopping. Hallie was actually a little bit hard to buy for this year, she didn't have any real requests other than toys that she changed her mind about every few minutes. I finally settled on getting her a new comforter set for her new bed. In the end it was a huge hit, she loved it. I also bought her some silly presents to open, like a 12 pack of sprite zero, goggles (we were going swimming for her party), a bottle of body spray, the new Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus CD and Trenton got her a HUGE Hershey Bar (her favorite).
Hallie's dinner request was "Wendy's", how easy is that! LOL! Hallie also wanted to decorate her own cake, so I let her go at it! She had a blast!
We ate dinner really quickly and then it was time for her party. She wanted to go swimming at the Lehi Legacy Center, so we loaded up the car with her little friends and made our way over. We picked up a couple of girls on the way and finally got to the pool at about 7pm. Lucy, Barrett and Aunt Michelle met us there and were waiting for us to get there. The girls (and Barrett) had so much fun and all of them kept saying that Hallie should have her party here every year because it was " WICKED AWESOME".
I finally gathered the girls up and had them dry off really quickly and then we loaded back up in the car, it was raining, but not super chilly, the girls were all squealing and splashing in the rain. My little sister Shelley let us come over to her house for cake, ice cream and presents. She lives in Lehi, it was really nice of her to let us come crash at her house.
We ended up getting home at about 10pm and one of the party goer's ended up spending the night, so the fun lasted and lasted!

3 comments:

Michelle S. said...

We had so much fun with you guys at the pool!

We are glad you had such a great birthday! I'm sure you will look back on them with much fondness!

Kristine said...

Happy Birthday Hallie! Sounds like a super wicked crazy awesome party! (ok, I'm a nerd...)

Amy said...

Happy Happy Birthday Hallie!! What a cute girl