Thursday, April 2, 2009

Crafty Crafty!


So, after an absence of almost 14 years, I used a sewing machine! I think I need to find a class and take some lessons, because I don't remember much and had to play around with the machine for a while to try and remember how to use all the pieces. So, after working for a few days on some scraps, and putting together a couple of really UGLY diaper inserts, I finished a (cute) project!

I embellished a pre-fold diaper! Isn't it pretty, and isn't the model just super adorable!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzie to cute. you use cloth? i want to. good job

Brossettelewis said...

She looks just like Hallie. Cute diaper.

Jamie said...

Great job on the sewing project. I have no motivations whatsoever to learn how to sew. I should but I don't. So kudos to you, you did a great job! And cloth diapers, wow! I have mine in storage but only for emergencies and if I have to use them. Are they a pain, or do you find that they aren't so bad?

Jamie said...

Oh, and what is holding the diaper together? It doesn't look like diaper pins.

Triana said...

OK that's a cool diaper! Good job on the sewing! You're soooo inventive!

~~heather said...

LOVE IT!! You go girl!

When you find that class LMK!!! I will take it with you! I got my sewing machine out the last few days to learn how to hem some pants and it was fun! (I haven't sewed since Jr High!) I would L-O-V-E to learn again with you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed. My mother-in-law gave me an old sewing machine many years ago and I haven't even had the courage to take it out of its case--not even once.