Saturday, April 25, 2009

As Seen On TV - A Review



Hallie was born fuzzy, she had some amazing fuzz on her back, bum and thighs. The poor girl has stayed fuzzy, actually a better word for it is HAIRY! She is only 9 years old, but she has the hairy legs of a full-grown MAN! Yes, she knows it. I told her that is the way God made her, too embrace and love it, but really how can a girl enjoy being hairy?

I really don't want her to be shaving yet...Hallie with a razor, not a good combination. I could hear the blood curdling screams now. And heaven forbid she cuts herself. So, I thought about getting her an electric razor, but I don't know very much about them and wasn't sure about spending the money on it. After all, the girl is ONLY 9! Anyway, on TV I saw an infomercial for "Smooth Away" and I thought why not give it a try. But, I am always leery of buying things off of TV. I have heard horror stories of ordering things and then getting on monthly auto shipping and it is a nightmare to get them to stop charging your bank account and sending useless items. So, I figured that if it was any good that eventually it would be in the stores.

My Sister called me a couple of nights ago and told me that she saw this in Wal-mart, so tonight while doing some shopping I picked up a pack. Hallie was so excited to give it a try that she ripped open the package and started attacking her leg in the car on the way home. In the 10 minute drive home most of one of her legs was SMOOTH! She was so excited, she ran in and tried to make Trenton feel her leg, he looked at her in disgust, no way was he going to touch his sister. She came up to me crying about how Trenton was being mean, I was laughing at this whole conversation.

Hallie was so excited that she wanted to take a picture of it, so we did. Here are before and after pictures.







Hallie is also super excited to go to school on Monday and show her friend Addysen that she doesn't have "man legs" anymore.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Megan is hairy too! I didn't let her shave her legs until she was almost 12. Do tell more about how this product works? I'm confused...the picture looks like they are buffing pads? I need more info.

Suzie said...

Kim It is kind of a buffer. The pads feel pretty smooth, not sand paperish, but smooth. I guess some people are really sensitive to the buffers and it can irritate the skin. Hallie has not had any issues with feeling "burned". I think the trick is to have VERY dry, clean skin (no moisturizers). Like do it at the end of the day before taking a shower. It takes a lot of work to get the hair off, like 15+ minutes per a leg, but I thought this was a MUCH better alternative to shaving. She is just TOO young to be shaving, but I also feel bad for her being teased about being hairy, so this seemed like a good alternative.

Did that answer your questions?

Kristine said...

Huh. It sounded interesting until I read about how to get the hair off. Too much time for me. But that is so cute Hallie is so excited about it! Smooth legs are the BEST! If only we could all get lazered LOL!

Chelsea said...

It looks like it worked great! My BF when I was younger was on the hairy side too, and her mom wouldn't let her shave until she turned 13. She was teased about it ALL the time and is still mad that her mom wouldn't let her start earlier. Since girls are developing and getting periods earlier and earlier (it's not unusual to start at 9 now!) I think it's totally fine to let them start shaving as soon as they need/want to. The smooth away looks like a great alternative!

Anonymous said...

Suzie i am hairie like that too i had the same problem when i was a child i understand how she feels. how cool you found something that worked for her. i think i may need to find that for me. :D

Anonymous said...

You have cute kids. Life is good to you and yours:)

Darcy said...

That looks awsome. How cool that it worked that well for Hallie. I will have to try it out.

Darcy said...

That looks awsome. How cool that it worked that well for Hallie. I will have to try it out.

St. Julien's said...

I love that hairy girl. I thought her blonde fuzz was so adorable. But I've probably told you that before tho. I think she should stay fuzzy, but then again I also think braces, retainers and cold sores are cute so...there you go