Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Winter Blues

I am feeling so gray today, I just want spring to be here already. Instead I am looking out my window at a very gray day! Cloudy, cold and a little bit of snow. I am stuck inside taking care of 2 sick babies. Jack and Addy both have new colds to add to the long list of sicknesses this winter.

I long for the warmer days when I can take the kids out for a stroller ride or to a park to play. I can't wait for the new leaves to appear and enjoy those first few weeks of spring. I love the bright green of brand new leaves. I love watching the flowers start to grow and the grass starting to green up. I get giddy when the willows start getting their leaves, they are the first trees to show a hint of spring and they hang on until the bitter end. I also love walking along the river when it is swollen up with spring runoff. I would love to clean out my garage, but not today, it is too cold and yucky. I love opening my windows and letting the house air out, feeling the crisp clean morning air flow through out the house.

Ahhhhh, I long for spring.

5 comments:

Michelle S. said...

I am so weird. I love those sick, cloudy days because I can let the world go by and only care for those that need me. I do let a lot of things go on those days and spend a lot of snuggle time watching disney movies (or whatever the sick kid wants). For me it is like using a different, slower gear than I am used to. I also love to do this (slower gear) because it is AWESOME to kick it back into high gear and get lots of things done!!!

Michelle S. said...

I hope Jack-Jack and Addy feel better soon!

How are you feeling?!

Amy said...

Suzie I am right there with you. I also have had a sick family. I am dying to get out in the nice warm weather and enjoy some sunshine. Not to much longer

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I am sooo ready for spring!

Kristine said...

Uggg, I hear ya sista! It's been pretty nice the past week and a half, but today was cold again :(