Saturday, March 7, 2009

14 Years, Really?!?!


On Monday, March 9th Hal and I will have been married for 14 years! I can't believe that it has been that long, but at the same time I can't believe it has only been that long.

We celebrated our anniversary yesterday, we went to Red Robin for lunch, Addy and Jack tagged along with us. It was fun being out with Hal, but Jack could have behaved better. The little guy was HUNGRY, so he wasn't very agreeable until he got some food in his belly, then he was happier. Addy was a perfect smiling angel the whole time, such a sweetie!
We then bought Hallie a new bed at Wal-Mart, her old was was falling apart, Hal had tried to put it back together, but it had just had it. We drove home and showed Hallie the box with the new bed in it and she squealed with delight, then we told her that we were taking her and Jack over to Uncle Dave's and Aunt Heidi's house, I think I lost a little of my hearing with the screaming of joy that followed that release of information. Trenton opted to stay home and have a Wii party with "the boys", I am so thankful that Trenton has such good friends and that they are such good boys.
Here is Hallie's new bed. It has a bookcase headboard and it also has drawers that are perfect for keeping her toys hidden in.




We took Hallie and Jack and dropped them off at Dave and Heidi's and then we went to see "Taken", Addy was okay, but she got a little excited and Hal had to take her out. But, no big deal since Hal had already seen that movie.
After the movie we went to my sister's house, Shelley was giving Ayla (her darling little step-daughter) a birthday party, Ayla turned six.


Ayla is on the left

It was fun seeing family and having a little cake and ice cream.

We then stopped at Costco and bought a mattress to go with Hallie's new bed. While we were there they had some sheets on clearance, so we got some new YUMMY soft 550 thread count sheets, they feel buttery, I love them.



We finally went back and picked up Jack and Hallie and they got stuffed into the Durango along with the new mattress. Good thing we weren't going too far.

We slept in our new sheets last night. And today Hal put together Hallie's new bed and also worked on the basement. I went and got a new pedicure (I had a gift certificate - YIPPEE!)




Hal gave me an early anniversary present, my most favorite perfume!! And his anniversary present ummmmmm, the new sheets and a little something special that happens in between, wink wink.




Also Hal's Mom came over and made her devilishly, heavenly OH SO WONDERFUL triple layer made from scratch German Chocolate Cake.




I am waiting until Monday to give Hal his birthday present, so stay tuned for a picture of that.

All in all, it has been an amazing 14 years. I am so truly blessed, thankful and grateful to be married to such a great man. Hal really and truly loves me and our family. He does his best to provide not only the physical things that we need, but he goes out of his way to be the spiritual leader in our family. For so many years Hal has worked swing shifts, extra shifts, gone to full-time (or part-time) school while also working full-time. Even through all of that, he has made sure that we find time to have family prayers, go to church, spend some time together with all of us and also to do things with the kids individually even if it is as simple as taking them to the store with him, or riding home with him when he has met up with us some where so we have 2 cars going home. He works hard at being a worthy priesthood holder, studying the scriptures and being close to the Lord. He is also always so supportive of me, even when I do crazy things like cloth diaper our kids, make my own laundry soap, paint the walls crazy colors or go on a major cleaning binge etc. I really am blessed!

I love you Sweetie!

9 comments:

Koreena said...

Glad you had a nice anniversary! Those sheets look heavenly. :)

Lyndsie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Our 7th anniversary was yesterday. March is a great month to get married (either that or we're both crazy!!!).

Mike and Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember that day 14 long (ok, not so long) years ago!

Michelle S. said...

I LOVE the way you smell! That perfume is just YOU! What a wonderful gift!

I am jealous that you have the picture of the cake on YOUR blog this time, and I don't have one on MINE! I guess we all have our turn, huh? Kindergarten 101.

Sounds like a great day.

Happy Anniversary you two!

Happy Birthday, Hal!!

Michelle S. said...

PS. I love 'buttery' sheets.

Kristine said...

Oh my gosh, awesome post! First of all, Happy Anniversary!!! I love the wedding photo!

Hallie's bed looks great! I bet she loves it! Speaking of beds, I love new sheets! How are you going to drag yourself out of bed in the mornings now! LOL!

Your toes look beautiful! Where did you get them done? Just in time for spring! (if it ever comes)

I LOVE German chocolate cake! Your MIL is super talented!

Chelsea said...

Happy anniversary!!

~~heather said...

LOVE this post! You all seem so happy! That is what it is all about man!!

HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY!!!!!!

(And...Happy birthday Hal!!!)

Love you guys!
~~h.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary--sorry, I'm just now getting caught up on people's blogs.