Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day


That dang Leprechaun, he came and turned our dinner green!

Hal thought I went "all out" for the day, but I don't think I did that much. Out of my 4 children I only have 1 that enjoys the day, Trenton thinks he is too old, Jack and Addy are too young, so that leaves Hallie, she LOVES stuff like this, so I do this for her.

I bought her a shirt and socks. The socks say "Got Luck?", she went into our bedroom in the morning and woke Hal up to show him her socks, she asked him if he was lucky, to which he replied "No!", she said "I am L-U-C-K-Y LUCKY!, see look at my socks!".

We made stuffed hot dogs, one of my kids favorite SUPER easy dinners. I just cut open a hot dog, put mashed potatoes and cheese on top and bake it. This time we made the taters green. We also had sprite in fancy glasses, the sprite was also magically turned green. All of the kids loved the "green" dinner, even Addy got in on the action, she loves mashed potatoes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun mom you are! I thought about doing a green meal, but wasn't feeling up to it. Maybe next year, when I'm not so pregnant... :)

Kristine said...

Yeah Happy St Pattys Day too! I enjoy having something special to do on holidays :) Looks like you had fun! Or at least you and Hallie did.