Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Wedding Day

Feel free to copy and paste, I would love to see what others have to say about their special day.

1) When was your wedding day?
March 9th, 1995

2) What day of the week was it?
Thursday.

3) Did you get married in a church?
No, Manti Temple

4) How many in your wedding party?
I had 3 bridesmaids and Hal had a best man.

5) How many guests were invited to your wedding?
I think about 20, not totally sure...I can't remember. But we invited at least 400+ to the reception, gotta love Utah weddings when both the bride and groom live in the same stake.

6) How long did you wait to tie the knot after your proposal?
5 months to the day.

7) Did you register for gifts?
Nope.

8) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer?
I don't remember the name of the photographer, but he sucked. My little brother took Video, it wasn't good either.

9) Did you have a DJ or a band?
Neither, we had a harp player, is that called a harpist?

10) Did the father walk the bride down the aisle?
Temple wedding, no aisle. But my Dad was one of the witnesses.

11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests?
Burgundy.

12) Who was the Maid Of Honor? The Best Man?
No maid of honor and the Best Man was James Webster.

13)What were your colors?
burgundy and black.

14) Did the bride have a bridal shower?
Yep, 2 actually. One for friends and family and one that the ward gave me.

15) What type of limo did you get?
No limo, we got the decorated car! Complete with blown up condoms and cake smeared on the windshield.

16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear?
My dress was a HEAVILY beaded gown with a SUPER long train. It was everything that I had dreamed about as a little girl. Hal just wore a rented tux with a black bow tie

17) How was the weather?
Super sunny and warm for a March day.

18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
We stayed at a b&b in SLC for 2 days and then flew to Vegas and stayed at the Excalibur (this was 14 years ago, it was the new thing on the strip back then.

19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
Oh my, there were so many things I could pick out as my favorite....hmmm....I would have to say the reception was my favorite. I loved it, it was perfect, everything I dreamed it would be.

20) How long have you been married?
14 years.

21) What was the most memorable "bridezilla" moment?
I don't think I really had one.

22) What was your most memorable wedding-related mental breakdown?
Hahahaha, trying to keep Hal's hands off of me so as to stay pure until the wedding night!

23) What would you change about your day?
The photographer, he just was NOT good. In the end pictures is all you have left to help remember the day, so I would have spent a lot more money on a really great photographer.

24) What was your most memorable Wedding moment?
Leaving for our honeymoon. Hal was so excited to finally be leaving, I wanted to savor the last few minutes of the reception.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute post! I had fun reading about your wedding day--a time way before I knew you.

Kristine said...

Oh this was fun! I'll have to remember to play along!