Monday, March 23, 2015

More "Mini's"

I don't know if you would believe it but we got two additional mini-missionaries this last weekend, that's 3 in a row! These are Young Men from others stakes within our mission boundaries. The stakes they were from are up in Gilbert. The first week we had Brother Milllett and Brother Jones; Brother Millett got his call to Oklahoma and did a great job. Brother Jones turns in his papers in a couple of weeks, he has 4 older brothers who all served missions and he did a great job as well. The second week we got Brother Fowels and Brother Kitchen, they were my favorites,  if I had to choose some. Their desire to work and bring others unto Christ surpassed mine, both at the start of my mission and now.  It really got me thinking about why I'm out here and why I'm not exactly as excited for mission work as they seem to be. This last week we got Brother Stapely and Brother Potter, they taught me how to talk to others in a better way, telling better stories, and to just be myself.

The "Mini-mission" is set up like this; The Stake Presidents in the Arizona Gilbert Mission really wanted the youth to get involved in mission work and to be better prepared for their missions, so they came up with the idea of an "extended split" where they would go with a set of missionaries -- sleep, eat, and work like one for a weekend or longer, they presented it to the mission president who of course accepted it fully.

I taught Gospel Principles class in the Morning Sun Ward that I am serving in, I only sweated about 4 buckets full, I just blamed it on the heat, it has gotten above 90 for the past week consistently.

Thank you for the words that you have written and thank you for all the support and love that I can honestly say I feel from you and the family. I love you all too!

-Elder Throckmorton

No comments: