Friday, March 13, 2015

Mini-Missionaries and The Best Week --- So Far

I know that things happen for a reason and I felt prompted to write what I had written last week because I truly felt like I was done, done with my mission, done with my hope, done with my life. I find it quite rude of Satan to work so hard against the Lord's merciful plan of redemption and the more covenants we make and the more ordinances we perform the harder and more deceitful he becomes.

I have been thinking a lot of the Atonement and studying the most I think I have ever studied. I know that Jesus Christ did in fact suffer for all the sins, pains, addictions, trials, and hardships of everyone who has, is, and yet will live on the earth. Knowing more about the Atonement and realizing the breadth and depth of the whole of it enlightens my mind and expounds all intelligence of the restored gospel. The Atonement is the root of it, all other things are simply appendages to the fact of this glorious performance of Love, Respect, Honor, Humility, and Appreciation. As I study and pay more heed and diligence to the great feat that could only be performed by one man. I love Jesus Christ for all that he has done for me personally, and being on a mission helps me understand that that love for him is continued and solidified in the fact that his suffering was and is for all who accept it. The Atonement is not just Infinite but personal.

 I say it is the best week of my mission so far because just last weekend we had a great opportunity to receive two mini-missionaries, Brother Jones and Brother Millett, both were amazing companions for the short time that we had them (just Friday from 4pm to Sunday at 7pm), these young men taught me more about faith in the lord Jesus Christ than I have learned from simply reading the scriptures, the way they apply the scriptures in their work and the way they talk about others and the way they present themselves in style and speech. It was greatly needed by me to know that the amount of faith that you can have, you cannot comprehend, or in other words Infinite.

 Love you all and thanks for everything!
 -Elder Throckmorton

No comments: