Monday, February 2, 2015

Poem #4 and Rain, rain, rain

First I would like to share one of my new favorite poems that I've written,  I'm  having trouble finding an appropriate title for it.

Do you think there's an answer
to all of life's questions?
Do you think if yes,
then how would I find them?
If life goes on way past the grave
then how will I know
if I've truly been saved?
Do I wonder and ponder
and pray with all might
that an angelic answer
will come through the night?
What peace would this bring,
what joy would it give
If I knew of my standing
with God on His landing?
What if I feel so unworthy
that I give up the fight,
give into temptation
and lose with no sight?
How sad would I be
to know all that was needed
is help from the Savior
who bled and who died
for all of us people --
those wanderers, those believers
those seekers, those weepers
those beggars and choosers?
What joy would it bring
to know the Savior did come?
What hopes would increase
by the words from his tongue?
I know of the savior
in the world He did come
and by way of His mouth
He imparted to young
a Gospel so firm
so strong in it's brace
we need not have fear
of His redeeming Grace
Study, pray, and believe
though hard it may be
belief is what's asked
belief is what starts
hearts to start changing
To believe in His hope
His hope He brings with Him
I know that He lives
and through Him I know
We are all subjects to
His great Holy glow
by our thoughts
by our deeds
and by our desires
desire to do what is asked
to be with my Father

-Influenced by Alma 34 and more specifically verse 5

Thank you for the pictures and tell Dave and Heidi that I am praying for them and Clara. It's funny that while reading about all that has happened I still remembered all the terms like NICU and Cpap from Medical Anatomy class.
Dave and Heidi welcomed a new little lady into their family this week, her name is Clara Lucille St. Julien, she was born perfect at 7lbs 9oz, but has had a little health hiccup, she doesn't seem to enjoy breathing.  She has been in the NICU for a few days, but she seems to be getting better and stronger all the time and I'm very confident that she will be home soon. 

I know that the dentist is a fun place for Jack haha. And I can see Addy loving it.  And of course Hallie is loving it as an excuse to get out of school.  It is nice to see that they are all the same as when I left.
I always seem to tell Trenton what's going on in our week no matter how mundane it seems.

This last week we were actually pushed to tract, we saw a lot of success in that, we have found 2 additional investigators. It rained pretty hard for 3 days straight and we got soaked, but I had a blast tracting in the rain pretending to be a missionary from a different part of the world where it rains a lot. The zone leaders got their car stuck in the mud that was produced by the rain and a member with a tractor came to pull them out, it was pretty memorable for them but sadly me and Elder Fa' Amuli weren't there to witness it. Members all around seem like they want to feed the missionaries, so as it happens I have only ate at the same members house once so far. I don't want to say I have a favorite family but I do, for food and working closely with their neighbors it would have to be the Messanias, They fed us on Thanksgiving and sent a picture to you. Elder Fa' Amuli says he absolutely hates being a district leader because there are some Elders who don't like leadership, so he feels like he lost some friends. I told him that he hasn't lost any friends, that there are just going to be some people that don't enjoy leadership for one reason or another. It did encourage him to keep strong and serve the Lord in the capacity that the Lord wants and needs him to serve in.

Stay strong in the Lord and have faith that all will be well.

Love, Elder Throckmorton

*Italic is added by me

No comments: