Monday, February 9, 2015

11 weeks

To carefully note, I am not counting up nor down from days left or days on. The 11th week is significant in the Gilbert mission because it is the week that the trainee (me) becomes the senior companion for 7 whole days,  I am currently on day 5. I have had an amazing 5 days as senior companion and anticipate an equally amazing experience with the next two days.

This has been the fastest week of my mission and I don't really know why. We are keeping very busy with all the wonderful families that we are currently teaching and have amazing members within the ward who are willing to do whatever it takes for those families to feel comfortable. The one family was so much fun to teach as we went over the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Taking the lead in discussions was quite fun and I can tell that by the power of the Holy Ghost I was able to recognize what I should go, do, and say. That has been the funnest thing about my mission so far, just being able to sense the spirit so strong and actually knowing what to do and say is a great feeling.

In 'Preach My Gospel' President James E Faust teaches: "Hope is the anchor of our souls." ... “Hope is trust in God’s promises, faith that if we act now, the desired blessings will be fulfilled in the future. …
“The unfailing source of our hope is that we are sons and daughters of God and that His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, saved us from death.”

I never really understood the significance of Jesus Christ, I always knew he was necessary to the plan presented to us from before the foundation of the world but never thought about the valiant call to teach others about Him and what can be found through him. Hope, peace, and joy are all things that I have found through faith in Christ, but took for granted that I had those feeling through Him. I love having this opportunity to serve the Lord and know that great things are in store for those I am teaching.

I finally got the awesome poster the ward made for me, some guy gave us the box this morning because it was sent to 185 w brangus instead of 195 w brangus. If you could thank the ward for me that would be ideal obviously because I can't thank everyone individually.

We have been fed so well here that I haven't bought any groceries for the last 2 1/2 weeks. We had Borro's pizza (really expensive) paid for us by a potential investigator after helping her move some of the heaviest furniture I have ever moved, more than a piano I'm sure. So don't you worry about the amount of food that is available to Gilbert AZ missionaries. The Broscharts (members), I am pretty sure you know the mom, bought us a lot of groceries towards the end of last month because we were low on money, super super nice.

I love you all so very much and pray for you all the time.

Love,
-Elder Throckmorton

No comments: