Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Poet?


Trenton is apparently a poet and I didn't even know it. Haha!  No, truthfully in all of
his 18 years I have never known him to write poetry, yet surprisingly he does.  He sent us 3 poems for Christmas.  I'll share them with you. I'm not totally sure about some of the words, because Trenton sent these to us on hand written cards.  But what I do know is that they have touched me to the core and I hope they do the same for you. 


Heavenly Message

Waking, tending the flocks do dear
A light from the Heavens incredibly appeared
This light shown bright, bright as the noon day
That all of us shepherds may not lead astray

Angels from Heaven descended so soft
To share a message, yea even a thought
The message was sound for it was of good tides
The angels said of you to never switch sides

These messengers from up on high did announce a birth
Yea  a birth unlike others it was of Heaven and earth
A link between us and a link to our God
His holy word forward as straight as a rod

     Through Him we are saved
     By Him we uplift
The sins of this world we all very much crave
God knew what to do and so He provided
The Precious Lord Jesus, a gift undivided



He Is The Gift

He.
How human a being
How bright at His feet
How inspired this thing
How extraordinary to meet
   He is life
How?
Our Savior and King
Our hope, peace and dream
Our blessings we sing
Our brother unseen.
Ours.
His works are profound
His power a wonder
His thoughts so sound
His love makes me ponder
     He is unchanging
His.
I love Him so much
I can't do without
I struggle to touch
I try not to doubt
     He is comfort
Mine

Jesus the Christ His love so pure
Was and is the only gift
The world needs I am sure
For behold we all know, he is that gift



He Is Christmas

Christmas wonders wonder why
From hot chocolate to snow up high
We know the time the angels sang
About the man who withdrew the fang

It's all about this Christmas time
Our hope through Him who is Prime
Not about our worldy possessions
Instead about our earthly confessions

We need not be afraid of Him who is love
For He is all peace, like unto a dove
It is during this Christmas season
God gave us all a very good reason

He is the Gift
He is there to uplift
He is the light
Of truth and right
He is Christmas









No comments: