Monday, December 15, 2014

Still Doesn't Feel Real

I have learned so much about almost everything, a mission is weird that way I guess. This week was crazy, I moved from Denim trail to Brangus Way to be closer to our area and now we bike everyday, all day which is what we did before only now it's only 2 miles away, so not bad at all, I say that now but I am already worrying about summertime, haha. Also, I crashed my bike this week for the first time, it wasn't bad at all but the left handle bar now doesn't have a grip, oh well.

 I've wrote a few poems inspired by the "He is the Gift" video and the spirit (of course), I hope to mail those to you today, if I can find the right cards to put them on. I have been trying really hard to write in my journal every night, because I know that there are things in the day that I should write about, but it is hard, way harder than I thought it would be.

You know that I pray for you guys all the time, but now I can pray for some more specific things; Mom, I think it's great that you have yet another calling working with the Young Women because all I ever heard from the Young Women in our ward was how much they love you and appreciate your time and talents, of which there are a lot. I also think it is pretty funny that Dad got a calling to work with the pre-young men because like you said, Dad is well, Dad. Know that I will keep praying for all of you to receive the necessary strength needed.

I have seen many miracles this week but one reminded me of you. We have been wanting to share the "He is the Gift" video with this person who has been less active for a while now, she has always been busy. A few days ago we stopped by, she wasn't there but her son - who isn't a member and he is about 18 years old was there, he invited us in and we started talking with him and somehow got him to start watching the video with us. While we were watching the video his mom came home and so we restarted it. The part that reminds me of you is that her house wasn't incredibly tidy and Elder Fa' Amuli and I both knew that if she had been home she wouldn't have invited us in. I am very glad that we have those inspired moments of missionary work as and that I have a testimony of needing a support system of some kind i.e. relief society, elders quorum, etc... to stay active in the church. That is what some of the missionary work is, finding friends for those recent converts that we have and investigators for church.

 I continue to love my mission greatly and of course love you guys. Like the title says it still doesn't feel quite real.

No comments: