Monday, July 13, 2009

Blog Etiquette

When you are blog surfing, you know hopping from blog to blog. Starting out on one friends blog and then clicking through to other peoples blog and you happen upon a friend or acquaintance and you click on the link only to be disappointed because it is a "invitation only" blog, do you contact the blog owner and ask for an invite, or just assume that if they wanted you to read their stuff that they wouldn't have it blocked?

I wish that blogger had a link so you could request an invitation, then I wouldn't have to be all worried about proper blog etiquette. Gosh am I sounding a tad paranoid. I'm really not, just wondering what you all do when you happen on the same circumstance.

Yeah, and if any of you readers out there have an invite only blog and you aren't on my list, but would like to share your life with me email me an invite, would ya! I love catching up on people's lives and reading about your happenings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just email the person. It isn't me is it? haha I wish blogger had a thing so you could request an invite too. I will be blog surfing and find someones blog who I haven't seen/talked to in YEARS and like I have their email so I can ask them. It makes me sad.

Chelsea said...

Sadly, I usually just move on. And I never remember to check private blogs because they don't show up in Google Reader. I'm just lazy that way!

Kristine said...

It depends on who it is. I have never asked for an invite from a friend who is already private, but I have come out of blurkerville when someone announces they are going private so I can get an invite ;) I'm sure most people wouldn't care as long as only people they know are reading their blogs. KWIM?

Brossettelewis said...

I usually extend my lower lip for a 1/2 second and click on to someone else. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.