Monday, January 5, 2015

Save Me From Embarrassment! Haha

As for me I am doing awesome right now. On New years day I got pretty upset at not being able to remember what had happened that day and so I just went to bed. I woke up the next day with a fever, chills, and dizziness; so I just slept, literally all day. When I woke up on the third, I couldn't remember anything; who I was, where I was, what I was doing there and during personal study I slowly started remembering those things but no specifics. Apparently I was pretty shaky, I was dizzy and also had slight tunnel vision. The elders in my house were kind of scared because these are some signs of a stroke, so we went to the ER (not my idea at all) and from there got  admitted to the hospital by ambulance which was fun but to clarify, not my idea; the level of concern given to missionaries who have access to health care is almost next to insane.  From there I had a full blood workup which consisted of a full table of vials to be filled with my blood. My veins are pretty deep so it took 6 tries at getting the needle to work. The ER nurse must have been a miracle worker of sorts because he only took one try in starting my IV. The list of other tests include CT, MRI, Lumbar puncture (torture), and an EEG; needless to say overboard, like way overboard. After all that and a night in the hospital they took their sweet time in releasing me due to my CT and MRI showing some small foreign matter directly behind my frontal sinus cavities which they determined wasn't anything dramatic enough to worry about, thankfully.  Throughout this whole time I began to feel better and started remembering things in more detail so near the end I was more embarrassed that such a big deal had been made concerning me than anything else.  What a relief it is to not be in the hospital anymore. I am to follow up with a doctor in Gilbert tomorrow and really do not want to go but they are insisting. All the elders are now making fun of me and I can't blame them. I just wish the circumstances could have been a little different. I  feel very good now and I just want them to drop this entire thing as soon as possible so I can get back to work. Thanks for having me in your prayers and I want you all to know how much help that was.
Love, Elder Throckmorton

No comments: