Monday, November 2, 2015

Training, Again

The weather has just barely cooled off to just under 100 everyday and I am embarrassed to say that it has been a little "chilly" lately, especially at night. My new companion is Elder Hurst from Lehi, Utah and currently has been out in the field for 6 days.

We were super busy this last week helping out with a scouting activity that is happening this Saturday. They are reenacting The Candy Bomber from "Meet the Mormons" and they might even be able to get Gale Halverson to come to it. He is currently 95 years old and lives in Tuscon, Arizona, but if he gets his doctors approval he will be able to attend. We helped them make the little parachutes for the candy, for roughly about a total of 8 hours last week.

Halloween was different because President Nattress didn't want us to even proselyte in the morning, so the whole day was like another P-Day minus the whole e-mail bit. We attended some of the baptisms in the zone and went to the Temple at night for Endowment sessions, the whole mission went with the first session starting at 4:30pm and the last (our zones) starting at 7pm. I loved it because I haven't had the opportunity to go to the Temple for almost 5 months because of Migranes, Elder Barney being a 2 transfer missionary and then last transfer I had a horrible ear ache. It was great to be able to go.

Training is pretty easy and Elder Hurst is a nice missionary who has a sincere desire to do the work, so hopefully I will be able to help him become the best missionary he can. I know how upset you were last time when I didn't tell you I was training so I thought I might as well tell you this time.  Haha!

I love the Temple! I am happy, happy, happy that I now have a testimony of something that now means a lot to me and I hope to increase that every time I go. This is definitely where I need to be and where the Lord would have me.

No comments: