Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorable Memorial

You would think that this post would be made up of pictures and stories of loved ones that have passed, but NOOOOO! Today, this post is going to be made up of the children who are lucky to not be being "memorialized" today.

Today has been busy, we cleaned out our storage room in the basement, now we need to clean out the garage....


Just moved the junk from one space to another, but eventually it will make its way to D.I., the garbage or maybe one of you are in need of something we no longer want. Anyone want a set of bunk beds that need a little welding?

Or maybe you would like a retro side/end table? An old mattress anyone??? I might pay you to take it away.


Anyway, we finished that job and as I type this, Hal is painting the basement, WOOHOO!!!!
I also contacted our friend who lays carpet and he is coming this week to lay it, which means that by this time next week the "bigs" will be 2 floors below, with all of the messes and junk, WOOOOOOT!

Cleaning out the storage room in the basement made me want to organize and declutter other areas in the house, so first I tackled the laundry room and then I did the front closet.

During which time, the "big's" ate lunch, played games and also helped a little with the effort, but mostly just made other messes. So, I asked the biggest big to watch the littlest little while I did the dishes and organized some of the new messes I made. Trenton mostly yelled at Addy for making noises while he tried to play the Wii and also for not sitting still, she wanted to play. So, of course that worked me up a little, here I am slaving away and he can't peel himself away to help with the little's, GRRRR!

NOW FOR THE BIGGEST GRRRRRRRRR MOMENT!

I was finished washing dishes and I decided to take the dirty rags and towels to the laundry room. I needed to change over the laundry anyway, I had been doing laundry all day. WELL, when I walk into the laundry room, there is Jack, COVERED head to toe in laundry soap, as well as the walls, floor, piles of CLEAN laundry and also dirty laundry. The dog bowls were filled with laundry soap as was the dirty diaper pail. I was one MAD MAMA!!!! I have spent the last hour cleaning laundry soap off of every surface in my laundry room all while shouting at Jack, who thinks this is quite hilarious and I am sure would just LOVE to get his dirty little hands on that bucket of laundry soap again. I was so so upset that this is the only picture you get to see of the mess, the pile of clean laundry that is now oozing of laundry soap that I get to wash again.
I am fuming! I am mad! I am frustrated!

BUT, I am also super duper excited that the basement is 99.5% done!

Okay, back to doing laundry, which now thanks to Jack I get to start all over again! Yippee skippeeeeee do!

5 comments:

Darcy said...

O man laundry is the worst chore and having to do it twice is agonizing!

snow @ Co. said...

WOW!!! I feel your pain! I HATE laundry (well, cleaning in general)
Lucky you on the basement!!! I'm sure you will love having the space.

Chelsea said...

It's ironic how something as clean as laundry soap can make such a big mess!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the basement being close to finished and for all the work you did get done--you were busy!

Condolences for the laundry mess. I totally sympathize.

~~heather said...

Holy smokes! That is close to the "tower" that got built at my house last year! I swear our little imps are related!! I am so sorry!!

KUDDOS for the basement! I can't wait to see it! We need to play SOON!!